Tuesday, September 6, 2011

10 Minutes with David Archuleta from KaWanku Magazine

I saw this on twitter last night and after many failed tempts at finding a way to translate it, I gave up. So I'm very grateful to Ally at Fanscene for posting the translation! haha
Archie always knew he would be a musician, but not a celebrity. He always remembers the reason why he love music, and he is a famous musician who is humble and smiley.

This isn’t W’s first meeting with Archie, but this musician always amazes everyone who meets him. For a musician as famous and talented as he is, Archie is very friendly and smiley. These two words can be used to describe the personality of this Utahn.

W: “What do you know about Indonesia?”
Archie: “I know Indonesia has a lot of inhabitants. A lot of natural resources. I know Indonesia has a lot of islands. Eh, I hear it has volcanoes, yeah?”
W: “Yeah. Mount Lokon is on another island. I hope our government can overcome it.”
Archie: “Yeah, I hope so.”

W: “But you know you have a lot of fans in Indonesia?”
Archie: “Yeah, I know there are a lot of fans in Indonesia via Twitter. They always send messages. I’ve replied too. Sometimes I still wonder if other people know who I know because I’ve never been here before. That’s what I like about music, because with music we can touch a lot of people from other parts of the world all at once”

W: “Were you surprised by the greeting of the hysterical fans at the airport.”
Archie: “I was surprised! I wondered how they knew I was coming that they. It’s crazy that they knew. I wanted to know how the Indonesian fans would react if they met me. It’s my first experience with meeting the Indonesian fan. It’s too bad that I didn’t get to interact with them much. I hope I’ll get to talk to them more during this visit.”

W: “What do you think about Indonesian girls?”
Archie: “Hahaha, I’ve only met them for a few moments, so I don’t really know. But so far they’re cool. It looks like the Indonesian girls have a good sense of fashion.”

W: “Do you have any phobias?”
Archie: “What are they? I’m scared of spiders. The same goes for elevators. One of my songs is called Elevator, haha. What else? Maybe poisonous animals too. They can kill us, haha. I don’t know. I’m more scared of disappointing people. That is what makes me worry more.”

W: “Archie, you’re famous and talented. What keeps you humble?”
Archie: “I think it’s important to remember why we make music. I like how music can help others. It just feels so good to help others through music. For me, that’s the biggest benefit of music. I always try to do good by making music and sharing my work with others.”

W: “How do you feel about the Ponds Teens Concert?”
Archie: “It’s great! I can really feel it. The main thing here is that it encourages teens to follow their dreams and lets them share the spotlight with their idols.”

W: “Any tips for teens who are pursuing their dreams?”
Archie: “The most important thing is passion. If we really want to do something that we love and believe in, then we should do it. If we do, then we’ll achieve our dreams.

KaWanku

No comments:

Post a Comment