Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"David things"

Recently I read a cool post on Fanscene from Sharon G. about "moments that take our breath away." Though that was the point of the post, what struck me is when Sharon said some of those moments were "just David things." It got me thinking, I've had my own share of interesting, almost freaky "David things." As small as they may seem, I thought I would share a few.

One cool "David thing" that comes to mind is when I saw David at Six Flags New England back in 2010. It would be my first time seeing David since the Christmas From The Heart tour about 8 months before, and as you all know David hadn't done many shows that year, so needless to say I was excited. I remember during the two hour drive to Six Flags, I blasted David's album in the car, and suddenly "Touch My Hand" came on. That song always reminded me of seeing him live (since it was his opening song on the Demi Lovato tour) and I always loved how into it he got. A part of me thought it would be really cool if he sang it at Six Flags, but I figured it was a long shot, considering all of the other songs he could sing at the concert.
Finally we arrived at Six Flags and it was time for the concert. Suddenly, David comes running out on stage and what song starts playing? What else but "Touch My Hand." He was actually singing it at the concert! I couldn't believe it! Just hours before reminiscing about the song and hoping he would sing it, and he actually did! Definitely a memorable "David thing" for me.

Another "David thing" was during the My Kind of Christmas tour. I went to the concert in NYC and had VIP, and after a long day of travelling to NYC and waiting outside the venue, finally the VIP started. David would be signing a photo for everyone and then taking pictures. Now mind you, I hadn't met David in over two years, and it was pretty nerve-wracking. I went up to him, put the photo on the table for him to sign and handed him an envelope with some letters. After he signed the photo for me and took the envelope, I hate to admit it, but I completely froze right in front of him! I had gone completely blank, literally standing there staring at him, and David just looked at me and gave me the biggest, sweetest smile - which put me even more in awe!! lol But what I've always found interesting is, David's encore at the show that night was "Little Drummer Boy," and one lyric in that song is, "Then he smiled at me." I always seem to think of that lyric differently because, he indeed smiled at me.

Aside from those moments, other "David things" I've experienced is hearing "Imagine" on the radio the day David was going back on American Idol to perform the song back in 2010. Yes, it was most definitely a coincidence, but undoubtedly another "David thing." Also just happening to turn on the radio and hear "Crush" on David Archuleta day back in 2010, another awesome coincidence and "David thing."

Have YOU ever had one of those cool, random, almost freaky "David things" happen? Tell us in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. Love your "the then he smiled at me" moment Ashley!

    My most "freaky" David moment was not with David's presences ... but one of his songs Crush. I told this story on FanScene in a post "What are David Archuleta Free Zones" that centered around my husband.

    We got into our car and hubby turned on the car and the CD player was turned on and Crush of course started to play as that was CD #1 (it was my car) ... he went oh no and turned on the XM radio instead ..I had it preset to 20 on 20 ... and guess what was playing .. CRUSH, so my husband changed it to his preferred station and a song was finishing up, then the next song that came on was ... CRUSH. Later we went out to eat, it was a holiday so after going to 3 places that were closed we finally found one open that we like ... we walked in and guess what they were playing ... CRUSH, my husband walked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ArchieFanDoc!!
      Sharon G here!! Yours was quite a story and I'm so glad that both you and Ashley shared your "David things" with us!! Obviously, I can relate to these fabulous stories and isn't it amazing when you actually stop to think about these "David things" - amazing just like David is amazing (and so very meaningful)!! Oh, and when I told my "David" stories
      to a good friend - she told me that there is really no such thing as a coincidence- so every now and then I stop to wonder hmmmmmmmm....meant to be - who knows?? But, wouldn't that be awesome!!

      Delete
  2. Hey guys!

    LOL awesome story ArchieFanDoc! xD

    I loved your post on Fanscene, Sharon! And yeah, that is interesting to think about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One funny "David thing" that happened to me was on the Crush Anniversary, I was telling my mom that it was Crush's Anniversary and how cool it would be if the radio station would play it and I kid you not right when I said that it started playing! I started freaking out and we both busted out laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley!!
    Sharon G here!! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your "David things"!! I've re-read your post several times and I had to smile because I certainly can relate to what you wrote about - back in Atlantic City when I met David for the first time at the Meet & Greet there, I froze, too!! I can just picture that sweet smile of his...and your "Touch My Hand" story...well, I'll say it again, isn't it amazing when these kinds of things happen -it's just another one of those "David things"...I just know that they'll keep happening and I sure look forward to each and every one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon! Aww I'm glad you enjoyed it! Your stories really got me thinking about my own, and I never realized how many "David things" I've experienced. And really?? lol! He has that affect on people sometimes :P And same! Being a fan of David, I've experienced pretty amazing things and I can't wait for what's in store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley!!
      Sharon G here(again...lol)!!
      We're all in this "David thing" together lol!! The impact that David has upon people is unmistakable and truly awesome...we could go on "forevermore"...couldn't we...??!!

      Delete