Thursday, December 15, 2016

Social media catch up!

Since we're so behind on updates, here's a post dedicated only to David's social media postings.

Starting with tweets!


Head below the cut to see much, much more!
































Next up, Instagram posts!



A photo posted by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on


New song and video called My Little Prayer now up! Link in bio and song on iTunes! Something I try to do to each day is begin by saying a prayer in the morning, and then end my day with a prayer at night. Sometimes, however, I fall asleep before I say my nightly prayer. One time almost a year ago I had one of these nights where I fell asleep before saying a prayer. Something unusual happened. That night I had a dream. It was different than anything I had experiences before. In my dream I was praying-having a conversation with God. The conversation was also different. I was singing. I could hear simple chords in my dream that I was laying a simple melody and prayer on top of. As I was having this conversation in music with God, He told me to get up and write this down. I thought and said, "...but... I'm sleeping. I'm not sure I know how to get up from a dream!" He told me "if you don't get up now, you'll forget it in the morning." I tried everything I could to wake up, and I did! There in the middle of the night I went straight to the piano with the words and melody I had spoken in my dream still clear in my head, and wrote it all down. It was the fastest I had ever written a song because I feel this one was given to me. I've sung this song several times this year now and people kept asking where to find it so I felt it would be good to share it during this Holiday season. I hope you enjoy it and find encouragement to begin your own simple and sincere conversations in prayer! #mylittleprayer #prayer #christmas #lighttheworld
A video posted by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

A photo posted by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

In Boise today and Mel our pianist's grandmother-in-law is at the MorningStar Senior Living Center in Boise, Idaho so we went for a visit to sing some Christmas carols! I had to get a picture with this group of lovely ladies because 2 of them are Southern girls! Marie (The one with her arm around me) is from Nashville and Catherine (on the right) is from Kentucky. She told me how she would sit across from the depot (a train station) and people watch. On the far left is Miriam and she is just a gem and fireball. Then Dorothy in the back left. It was great getting to sing and feel the Christmas spirit of everyone here. I loved all the Christmas sweaters and Christmas broaches that filled this place. There is a sweet spirit and I love how Christmas music can bring all generations and all walks of life together. Thanks Morning Star for having us! Tonight we're performing in Boise! Who is coming??? #christmas #boise #idaho #christmas #morningstar #southerngirls #lighttheworld #christmascaroling
A photo posted by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

Rexburg, we can't thank you enough for an AMAZING night!!!!!! What a special night it was to sing for 15,000 of you and for us to share the stage with the choirs, orchestra, and dancers of #byui along with our own band. It's always an amazing feeling to join forces with so many talented people and use those forces to accomplish something bigger than all of us. Tonight it was to celebrate Christmas and honor Jesus Christ. We hope you felt the Christmas spirit and could leave feeling a little closer to Christ, feeling His love, and with a desire to share that Christmas spirit with others. Thanks BYU Idaho for inviting us to be a part of your Christmas spectacular! If you were there tonight, was there a part that stood out to you most? #christmas #christmasconcert #Christ #idaho #rexburg #nathanpacheco #byuidaho #Repost @byuidaho ・・・ A special thanks to David Archuleta and Nathan Pacheco, and all the BYU-Idaho student performers for bringing Christmas to our campus tonight. It was a wonderful evening. #byuidaho
A photo posted by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

I couldn't get over this tree! When I saw it I thought it was beautiful amongst all the other green and lush trees. It was changing colors and losing its leaves. I thought about how into winter it would eventually lose all of its leaves and become bare, naked, and empty. In the springtime it would start to grow new leaves once again. Fresh, green and with life once again. Sometimes we go through times where we change colors, lose leaves, and feel bare, vulnerable and empty. We may feel overwhelmed to see winter coming ahead and not sure when it will end to see another spring. But like this tree, remember our life has cycles! Though our colors change and we have cold empty times of life, have hope! Take courage to keep going! That spring will eventually come–and new life with it. There is beauty in becoming vulnerable and starting anew. Can you see the beauty in each season of your life? This Christmas, I think of the Savior and how He brought new life and new hope. I love how though Christmas can be a cold time with short sunlight in the part of the world I live in, it also reminds me of a new beginning, a new place to start and to grow. Not sure how it works exactly, but when I turn to Christ, remember Him and live my life how He taught, I feel like new soil has been laid down and my life grows to become something much more than I would have imagined for myself. I love that we celebrate His birth during this time of year, because it reminds me that He shines a light during the cold dark times of our life. I love to check out these videos that show different times of Christ's life. They remind me of how He was a light. You can check them out at LDS.org/bible-videos. This tree is one way I've seen and been reminded of hope for new life. How have you seen new life and hope? Feel free to comment and share! Then be sure to pass it along. #lighttheworld #seasons #change #christmas #Christ #hope
A photo posted by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on






Happy thanksgiving everyone! On this day of being grateful I am so grateful for my family! I only have a picture with the siblings here but I am so grateful for everyone in my family. These siblings of mine though (along with Jazzy who's on her mission) know me like no one else does and I'm so glad that they take me as I am for the good, the bad, and the ugly! 😜 I have really learned that my family has been given to me by God as a support system in this life. They keep me in check, they remind me of what to be really grateful for, what weaknesses I still need to work on, how to believe in myself a little more than I do sometimes, how to look at others a little more differently, and how to love people even when we don't see eye to eye and choose different paths of life. They have dealt with how indecisive I am my whole life, how I get impatient and maybe a little overly critical; they've dealt with the drastic changes American Idol and music put us through and the family dynamics that were already changing in the middle of all of it. They each share their perspective on life that help paint a bigger picture of what matters most. At the end of it all it seems we can agree on these 4 things: food, video games, that family is always in the center, and God's hand has been in our lives and we have seen so many of His tender mercies. I'm grateful to be imperfect and how obvious it is, it makes me realize how much I need this team of family and friends that I've been given. It teaches me how to love even when it's hard and doesn't make sense. I'm glad I have people that love me even when I don't feel like I deserve it or have any reason for them to love me. They love me anyway though and in the end teach me why I matter and what my purpose is. For me it's a reminder of God. It's a way he provides His love to me. Through this wonderful family of mine! This morning I was thinking of all the people I'm grateful for and the list just kept going and going. It really lifted my mood. Who are you grateful for? Give yourself time to think about it to explore different parts and times of your life to remember those people! It really does help! #Thanksgiving #family
A photo posted by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

Look who I ran into! πŸ˜‰ it was great coming to @vumcchildren hospital For a broadcast at the Seacrest Studios. They had a Facebook live of the broadcast so you can check it out on their Facebook! Now if it were really Ryan he is one of the friendliest, engaging folks in the business I've ever met and you would have seen that. Haha. Aside from that, it is really cool being able to come do visits like this. A lot of times I feel I don't know how I can help when kids are going through hard times. I don't know what gifts to bring, what medicine or treatments they need. But then I remember I can give what I have. I can give my time and give them music, and that's a tender mercy for me. So glad Kelly from Children's Miracle Network invited me to come and Mamie with Seacrest Studios hosted us so well! Thanks everyone for coming and we hope to see you again soon! @ryanseacrest @ryanfoundation
A video posted by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on







Instagram Stories!

















No comments:

Post a Comment