Wednesday, September 11, 2013

He Still Blows Me Away

Last night, I spent a good portion of the night watching David performance videos. From the Constitutional Fair, to the My Kind of Christmas tour, to the Alma Awards with songs ranging from covers like "Heaven," to originals like "The Other Side of Down," to Spanish ballads, to patriotic classics and I have come to a conclusion: David has an amazing voice.

Understatement, I know. Obvious statement, I know that too. I know every single person who reads this will most likely agree with that statement, but the other thing I realized while rewatching these performances: David still surprises me. He still shocks me. He still gives me chills, teary eyes and absolutely blows me away with that voice. Even after 5 years, hearing him sing some of these songs numerous times and watching these videos countless times, he still blows me away.


I don't know how he does it. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, you'd think I'd expect it, but nope. I'm still left sitting with my jaw hanging slightly open, wide eyes in amazement and an overwhelming sense of pride being a fan of this incredibly talented and kindhearted young man and his voice that never ceases to amaze us all.


And all of this just makes me wonder... What are we in for come next year?? 


#DA2014

Click after the break to check out some of the performances that blew me away all over again last night, then share yours in the comments!








No comments:

Post a Comment