Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thank you Kari!


@Rosaliah2 tweeted this to Kari, here is her response:
 @Rosaliah2 WOW! This is hard to answer and you're not the first to ask and might be the reason it took me awhile to get back to you. Things have not changed in what he requested in his "Its Not Goodbye" vlog but some choose to interpret it in different ways! Like he asked me to do I will keep you all posted like I have on his well being and on anything he may ask me to update you on or might be thinking about. Any additional David Archuleta news, Team Archuleta and I will be sure to post. A lot have asked why does he not blog like other missionaries do of their day-to-day activities 

Right now this is something he feels is not right for him to do. If he ever changes his mind and wants to blog and tell you more I will be there to do that for him, but right now this is still "his time" that he needs and which he requested.The event this past Saturday was a youth activity event for the church and featured missionaries, one of which was Elder Archuleta. This time away remains his, the missionaries, and the people they are reaching out to in that area. 

I know for some it’s hard not getting his frequent updates like you were all used to receiving in the past, and this might bring some to “search” for things. If you feel this is the right thing for you to do, then do it. If not, don’t! Everyone ultimately has to decide that for themselves. I don’t think anyone said not to talk about him while he is on this "adventure" as he calls it. If a member of the church or someone happens to be there from the area and is at an activity that the church is putting on or saw him somewhere I think it is great they might tweet about it! 

That is what is great about social media these days. I will be the first to tweet if I saw for example, Anderson Cooper across the street while having some PinkBerry…wait I did that! It's just how far you might take it from there that might make a difference. Of course no one wants you to forget about him. We have to many things planned for the future. This is why he worked so hard, even before he made his announcement, to leave things for you to celebrate and discuss while he is away. I do not know what other artist would do that in a "hiatus". I really hope that all made sense

No comments:

Post a Comment