Monday, November 7, 2011

Reach Out and Help A Child with AFAC!

Check out AFAC and Fanscene's latest project, it's a great one!

I have been doing charity work now with Angels for a Cause almost 3 years and I have NEVER been so attached to a project than this one. Jonah is one of the sweetest little boys I’ve ever known. He is a very close little buddy to David and now its up to us to help spread the word about him during David’s My Kind of Christmas Tour.

As we visit different venue cities and attend pre and post-concert get-togethers, let’s reach out and try to find Jonah a bone marrow match so he can play soccer, hang out with his friends, listen to David’s music, and do all the fun things little 7 year old boys do! All it takes is the right person receiving this flyer, deciding to be a donor, and being that match to save a child!

There have been thousands of people tested for Jonah and to date, no match. However, I firmly believe a match is out there and we can help find it! The more people tested, the chances go up!! Its as simple as a cheek swab!

So, here is where I need everyone’s help!! I will be passing out fliers in Westbury to help raise awareness about Jonah. I will be handing them out during lunch/dinner meetings with fans, get togethers, etc. I am looking for volunteers to pass out the fliers at other cities since Westbury is my one and only concert. The only restriction is please dont hand them out directly at the concert since we dont have permission to do that.

So, look at the list below and if you feel called to help, please let me know which city you could take care of. I will mail you out the fliers ahead of time.

***If you plan on arranging a fan get together please let us know about it so we can get flyers to your location. The people listed below have agreed to help as coordinators as we know that more than one fan luncheon/dinners/late night snacking will be going on .. please contact them to help out!***

Go HERE to check out the volunteers and see if you can help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment