Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Ultimate TOSOD Mug for St. Judes Hospital

For the longest time I've seen tons of David fans starting charity projects and helping out different foundations, and more recently I realized that I wanted to try and contribute as well. I went back forth about it, bouncing off different ideas, but none of them seem to stick. Finally my mom introduced me to the website Zazzle, where you can make all kinds of products and sell them. I know some fansites have even sold products on there before, so I thought this might be the perfect (and easiest) way to start my project.


I created this mug, with different images and lyrics to songs off of TOSOD, and decided that it would be the perfect item to sell for charity. I thought a mug would be a good idea, because, say for instance you're having guests over. You make coffee, and drink out of your TOSOD mug. Your guests notice the mug and ask you about it. There will surely be some interesting stories and some great TOSOD promo ;)





The mugs cost $14.95 each, and because of the way Zazzle works, I only get 16% of that, but a little is better than nothing right? And if lots of mugs sell, we could really raise a lot of money!





All the money (that I earn) from the mug will be donated to the St. Judes Foundation in David's name. Now why St. Judes? I know it's not one of the foundations David's been the most involved with, but this foundation is important to me, personally, being a childhood cancer survivor. I also saw this tweet of David's recently:

That, even more, made me want to give back to that foundation that helped me.

You can purchase a mug HERE, and be sure to email me at imaginearchie@yahoo.com with your name and how many mugs were purchased, so I can keep track. Maybe if lots sell I could compile a list to give to David!

Thanks everyone and spread the word!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment