Monday, June 20, 2011

"David Archuleta Talks About Turning Down Record Labels & Plans For New Music"

Idol alum and former Jive Records artist David Archuleta talked with Yes World recently about his upcoming trip to Malaysia.
In the interview, David talks about plans to release a new song this year: “I want to try to release something new for the fans. I don’t want to make a full album this year, of course I will down the road, but not this year. But I do want to give something. And so I’ve been thinking about releasing another song for the fans who’ve been so patient, and have been good. And that’s what I’m working towards. In the last couple of weeks I’ve been meeting different people in L.A. too.”
Archuleta also discusses the importance of writing in Nashville: “I’m going to Nashville because I’ve done writing in Nashville before in the past and that’s where I felt magic. I need to follow this direction and this feeling and I feel it here in Nashville. A lot of people think that “Oh Nashville, so you go to country, you’re going to do country music now?” It’s like no, there are a lot of different writers here. A lot of people like Ke$ha, Kings of Leon, Paramore, they’re all from Nashville. so there’s more than just country here.”
And finally, David was open about why he hasn’t signed with another label yet:
Well, that's all it says for now! The source comes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment